March 22, 2012

Logo Design #7


This is a playful illustration representing a corset company. Using wings tied together, it works to convey the company product. To me when I think of a corset, I think ... pain. However, this illustration works to change that perceived impression. The type treatment on the design works really well together. Using upper and lower case for the name and then solely lower case on the bottom compliment each other nicely. My only concern would be the application of this logo on other colours as opposed to the cream. The highlights in the wings may not show up as well.


This is actually a piece of student work that I discovered at logopond.com. As mentioned earlier, I'm a sucker for script type and this fictional company logo is quite beautiful and elegant.

Again, loving the script use for this logo design. The flow of the lettering matches the stroke of the swan illustration. By matching the lettering and the design, the logo becomes more cohesive and a much more solid piece. I’m all for simplicity in design and this logo does that perfectly. For the word “soap,” she could have tried lower case but I do think that the use of upper case suits the design just as well. I find that the combination of script and serif compliment each other and work well to bring out the best of both faces. The nice thing about this logo is that because of its simplicity, its application is easy and could be used on a number of different areas.


Can’t get enough of script logos. In this particular case, I love the application of the face. The distressed nature of the script gives further meaning to the company name. The lettering flows nicely, with enough kerning between each letter so each can be distinguished. My only concern with this logo would be is actual application and how it would look. In this example it is placed on a blue background, bringing forth the eroded nature of the type treatment, however, if placed on a different colour, would it have the same result? It’s something to consider.


I’m starting to really enjoy the nature and design of vintage logos. The type treatments on them are really quite elegant and beautiful. This in case, The Everleigh Melbourne is an excellent example of bringing vintage and classic design back to modern application. From the use of type to the curved baseline, the logo flows gracefully and with the use of flourishes, gives the design greater presence and attraction. Having developed an interest in vintage design, it would pleasant to see the small design details that were accomplished in this design. The added flourishes really push the design into truly embracing vintage design.



There’s something about this logo that I love while there are parts of me that don’t find it all that appealing. I love the illustrative element of the design and how well it accompanies the type treatment as well as the frames, but I feel as though the design is quite tight and I’m not too sure where to give my attention first. I feel like the added flourishes around each corner become overwhelming and distracting from the design itself. Don’t get me wrong they are a nice added touch, but the designer has added to many and to me, takes away from the message. The type used for the logo works well to convey the vintage look that the company is going for.



I was immediately drawn to this logo design for its typeface use. Candy Script is a face designed by Ale Paul who is based out of Buenos Aires. Known for his elaborate script faces, he has become world renown for his digitalization of script faces. Although my phase with Candy Script has passed, I still enjoy its application in this design. The colours alone convey the nature of the company and work to push the desired message of the company. The letters become another additional element that work to illustrate the brand itself. Although I’m not a big fan of exaggerated swashes, this design works well to balance the swashes with the lettering.