March 22, 2012

Logo Design #5


This logo is pretty damn cool. Granted, I'm not too sure how well it would look if converted to black and white. However, the incorporation of various snack foods and type work well to push the brand essence. This is the type of illustrative work that I'd like to learn how to do. Working completely within Illustrator to create a design that becomes 3D gives the design further personality and attraction. I'm drawn to this logo based on the fun nature of it and how well the elements work well to convey the brand itself.


Being a type nerd, I (of course) love this logo. The hand written treatment of this logo works well to convey the company. I also like the treatment of the letters themselves being eroded and give the impression of being created by hand. To me, gives it more personality. I love that the T and the D are connected by a single ligature. It keeps the logo cohesive and seen as one entity. The only area that concerns me is the added ligature from the "p" that crosses the bridge of the "e." I find that it creates a little "bump" and to me personally, distracts from the flow of the design itself.

As I work in a restaurant that sells molton lava cakes, this logo was enticing to critique. I love the combination of script and condensed sans serif type and works to create a nice contrast between the elements. The colour combination as well is warm and draws the viewer in. Adding the image of the molton cake at the bottom situated between two thin strokes, further creates balance in the logo. My only concern is the spacing between "C'est" and "Lava" ... at this point they are touching and to give it some room to breathe would maybe make the logo flow better.

I'm always drawn to illustrative logos that are playful and not to sound too girly ... but cute. I really enjoy this logo for a company that focuses on children's development and using creative means to get there. I'm not sold on the typeface for "tee pee" but it still works to convey the company strategy and essence. I just keep staring at the amount of "e"s in the name and how all of them look the same, there's no differentiation between them. If they were trying to mock children's writing, the "e"s could have had more personality and difference between them.


I love this modern look to this particular logo. The colour combination is what really draws me into this design. The combination of orange, blue and gray work well to draw attention to itself. The blue and gray make it cool and cold, while using the orange, which is warm and bright, give the logo amazing contrast. Using a serif typeface would not have conveyed the appropriate message to consumers, so the use of a sans serif furthers the modern and futuristic approach that they are trying to create. I love the incorporation of the little space man as well as the rocket ship.


I'm not sure how I feel about this particular logo but there was something about it that I was drawn to. Maybe it was the combination of black and gray but ultimately, it's a very impressive and intricate logo. I think it's the typeface used for "Silver Light" that I'm not too sure of. It's just not sitting right. It seems a little left-heavy when it comes to the word positioning. However, I will admit it seems to work with the above image. The intricate and delicate nature of the drawing works to highlight the ability of the company to control great lighting. The shadowing of the object is beautiful and the tones created by the "faux" lighting gives the object further emphasis and definition.