February 25, 2011

Web Design



In the past, I've kinda been against website design opting more for print-based design. I'm not sure what in particular I didn't like about website, there was just *something* that wasn't the same. I'm more of a tactile person so I think touching and seeing the final product worked better for me. However, I'm coming to realize that I'm going to need an online presence in order to establish myself as an up-and-coming designer. I vowed that I would never make my presence online bigger than it had to be but lately, I've tried to see the benefits of moving myself online. I succumbed to Twitter, yes, Twitter to "re-tweet" designer information as well as to establish myself. The thing is though, the more I look into website design, the more I kinda like it. It has the ability to be creative as well as interactive. I really hope that throughout this two-year program that we learn how to work with as well as create websites. As students, again, we're encouraged to put ourselves as well as our portfolios online so thus, would prove to be a beneficial learning experience.

The two examples above are great at displaying the creative and playful nature websites can possess. The colour combination in both websites work very well and fall into the colour palettes that I'm into lately.