February 21, 2011

Finally!

I'm sooooo happy!! I found this article that will truly allow me to learn so many cool and badass techniques when playing with type. I'm getting more confident with Illustrator but it never really occurred to me that after creating cool type in Illustrator, to move it into Photoshop to give it some cool aftereffects. The article mentions some other programs that I've never heard of (Inkscape, 3D Studio Max), which would be cool to explore later on. What makes me really happy is that one of the tutorials shows me a step-by-step guide to making portraits out of text. FINALLY! I'm so excited to try this out and see what I can come up with. My friend has been playing with it in Photoshop but to no avail. Let's see if I can beat him to the punch and create something badass.