February 20, 2011

This makes me happy



I was asked to research a type designer who I admired and through this process was introduced to Alejandro Paul, a designer working out of Argentina. His work focuses primarily on digitizing script fonts and as such, has become world renown due to his typefaces. His intricate work with ligatures and swashes allow his faces to be very useful for packaging design. Forming a Argentina's only type foundry with four other members, Sudtipos has become the go-to place for amazing script fonts.

I'm a big fan of typography in motion. Through this means, we're able to fully understand the playfulness of the type as well as its connotations. Researching Paul on YouTube, I came across this interesting video featuring Sudtipos' new face: Brownstone. With the accompanying music, the font stands alone to show its features and the uniqueness as a font. It really put a smile on my face :)