February 20, 2011

Branding Power


I took some business in university and really came to love marketing. I eventually switched out of business because I felt my creativity wouldn't really fit in and I wouldn't be able to really push myself in that particular area. However, having taken some classes, I am now able to see the branding power and influence that companies (and designs) can have over audiences. Logos have become the visual essence of the company and as such, must match the philosophy laid out by the company itself. It has to match perfectly or else confusion and/or brand confusion can arise.

I came across this website that really goes into the power and significance of logo design and the importance of matching brand and image:

http://www.graphicdesignblog.org/brand-more-than-logo/