March 28, 2011

Toy Design




Moody Buddy - The Mood Swinger
The friendly pal, who shows children all sides of his character and teaches them to recognize different emotions. This game which involves guessing how Moody feels by his facial expressions is fun for all the family. Little guide book included.

I came across these as I was searching around behance.net in its product design section. As mentioned before, I've started to take quite the liking to product design, especially the creative and innovative ones. This one in particular caught my attention as it is a mock-up of a children's toy, which allows the children to learn the various facial expressions of others. It's a pretty cool concept if you ask me. What's interesting is that these figures open up, acting as a holder for all the different mood stickers. I'd almost want this for myself! You know, if you're having one of those days and you really don't want to talk to anyone ... you could whip this out and hopefully the other person will get the hint! So tempting.

I really love when designer's bring their innovative ideas into the design of children's toys and learning activities. This product in a way reminds me of 'Alphabeaties,' which used type as a means of building various animals. As I grow as a designer, I really hope to bring my creativity into creating some pretty cool things for kids.